2019 Heroes Fighting Hunger Food Drive
At Home Clean Heroes, we genuinely believe in giving back to the community. From mid-November through the end of December, we will be collecting grocery store gift cards, canned goods and other non-perishable items on behalf of the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore. During the first week of January, the Home Clean Heroes team will drop off the canned goods at the food bank to replenish the shelves from the holidays, to then be given to families in need in the local community.
Tracking Our Progress
We have officially reached our goal of 300 non-perishable food items, and the food items keep coming in! Thank you to all of our customers who have supplied items that will provide local families in need with meals after the holidays.
How to Help
If you’d like to help fight hunger in the area, you can leave you contribution out on your kitchen counter along with this flyer on the day of your next HCH cleaning, and our grime-fighters will add it to the collection. You can also check out the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore‘s website to learn about the different ways you can get involved throughout the entire year.
Here is a list of items that are most needed at the Foodbank*:
- Grocery store gift cards
- Lean canned protein: peanut butter, tuna, chicken, turkey, beans
- Fruits and vegetables: canned fruits and vegetables, pasta sauce, 100% fruit juice, fruit preserves, dried fruit
- Whole grains: cereal, pasta, oatmeal, rice, crackers
- Meals: soups, stews, boxed meals, canned pasta
- Baby products: formula, baby food, diapers, wipes
*low fat, low sodium low sugar products preferred
- Non-perishable food
- Non-breakable containers
- Nutrition labels intact
- Check dates (items can be up to 6 months past printed date)